The JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme’s third claim period is now open. If you’ve taken on additional eligible employees since 7 October 2020, you may be able to claim JobMaker Hiring Credit payments for your business.
To claim you need to:
- Register at any time before 6 October 2021 through ATO online services, Online services for business, or through your registered tax or BAS agent.
- Nominate your additional eligible employees by running payroll events through your Single Touch Payroll (STP)-enabled software.
- Claim your payments – enter your headcount and payroll information for the Jobmaker period, and we will calculate your claim amount based on the information you provide.
Eligible businesses can receive up to:
- $10,400 over a year for each additional eligible employee hired aged 16 to 29 years
- $5,200 over a year for each additional eligible employee hired aged 30 to 35 years.
The JobMaker Hiring Credit is available to businesses for each additional eligible employee hired before 6 October 2021.
If you’re thinking about taking on extra staff, check if you’re eligible to participate in the scheme. Our friends at the ATO have some great resources to help you including a JobMaker Hiring Credit guide, key dates and a tool for estimating payments. For more information follow THIS LINK.
Remember, registered tax agents and BAS agents can help you with your tax.